Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Twinkle, Twinkle ...

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.  
~Vincent Van Gogh



Early this morning there were clouds and lightning to both the east and west yet above was almost perfectly clear!  Only 8 days from our longest day of the year and the summer solstice!  North, to the land of the midnight sun, is enjoying some very long days of sunlight!  




There is truly something magical about the night!  
It's amazing what one can see and hear and how it can soothe the soul!  

6 comments:

  1. Terri, these pictures are absolutely beautiful. I love them all. I can't pick a favorite! I also love the beautiful quotes you add to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Olga! I love taking night photos, especially during the warm months! LOL! Check out the 'Quote Garden,' I can always find some great quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous. What lens and settings do you use for night shots? I might have to try one in my 365.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erin! Thank you! I was using my wide angle 12-24mm lens. To capture the milky way, I cranked my ISO to 2500 but I could have gone higher (and should have) and I used a 25 second exposure. Give it a go! Would love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Vincent would be impressed! He is one of my favourite artists. Starry, starry night... Thanks for the tips. I will have to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! Yup, get out your hot chocolate and a lawn chair and prepare to sit up half the night; it sounds like a crazy thing to do but it's rather refreshing! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...