Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Wind

The wind shows us how close to the edge we are.  
~Joan Didion


To say it was "breezy" today is a bit of an understatement!  Although the day started off rather calm and nice, by late morning the wind was getting up and by the afternoon it was just plain unenjoyable despite being 18 degrees Celcius!  However, the snow continues to melt and we certainly have plenty of those prairie pothole sloughs filled to the brim!

3 comments:

  1. The wind was horrible in MH and in Lethbridge too! We were watching my son playing football in an All-Star game in Lethbridge, and I have to admit I didn't see much of the game because my hair was being whipped across my eyes the whole time. My scalp actually hurt when the game was over. Ouch! When I tried brushing me hair, my hair screamed from the tangles, just like when I was a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, by the way, I forgot to say, "Great photo!" I love the lighting and the perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby and boys, a family friend and his son were down in Raymond on Saturday riding at the motocross track. The wind was horrible! I can't imagine trying to throw a football in that! As much as I miss Southern Alberta ... I do NOT miss that wind! LOL!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...