Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

HEAT WAVE!

Woo Hoo!
We managed to hit 12 degrees Celcius today!!!



And with 12 degrees Celcius, good things happen on the prairies!  The snow was certainly melting and I actually found lil' crocus heads peaking out from that cold prairie soil and specks of GREEN!  It was a beautiful day indeed!  The cows were scattered about the hilltops, all soaking up the sun and I was fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of my elusive Merlin (Falco columbarius).




The Merlin was a distance away but considering I usually see him flying away at high speeds, I was quite happy to capture a glimpse of him!  The weatherman is promising a few more days of WARM, Spring temperatures!  Let's hope this continues!  

2 comments:

  1. Great detective work with spotting the crocus! I have never seen a crocus here, maybe I just never looked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is that possible Mrs. Dowling??? Hahaha! Get out your "Go-Go-Gadget Glasses" and get inspecting that prairie ground! Your's should be blooming like crazy! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...