Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Moose Morning and Spring Skies


Basking in the morning sun, this female moose wasn't worried about me as long as I didn't block the sun's rays.


The prairie sky was lit up with fast moving clouds this afternoon.  At one point, we reached a high of 8C.  Yes, the big sloughs and lakes are slowly starting to thaw.  Eventually the cold wind brought more cloud cover and the temperature dropped but the sun is expected to return tomorrow with dare I say ... 'double digit' temperatures!  Let's keep our fingers crossed!  


6 comments:

  1. Tami, keeping my fingers crossed for double digit temperature for your area!!! The snow looks pretty, but it's definitely time for some warm weather. Gorgeous shots, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olga! Keeping your fingers crossed helped ... we reached a high of +12C (54F). It won't take long at those temps to melt the snow away! :)

      Delete
    2. AWESOME!!!! So happy! 54 F is great!

      BTW I had a difficult time writing to you and Mat last night. I made 4 mistakes altogether including writing "Tami" at the beginning of my post. My apologies. I didn't drink any alcohol or anything ha ha ha. Actually yesterday I was really excited to have my camera back after exactly 25 days without it. I couldn't stop thinking what to photograph next :)...I was very distracted, indeed!

      Delete
    3. No apologies necessary! I think of how often my mind and fingers have not worked in collaboration! LOL! 25 days without my camera ... couldn't do it! I got my new camera just over a year ago and have yet to send my old one away to be serviced! I can relate to being easily distracted, especially with a camera in hand! Have a great day Olga! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow great shot. I get excited about a deer and you have moose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moose are my favourite!!! If you click on the label 'Moose,' you'll see a few pics of a couple of big bull moose I caught images of last fall! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...