Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Who's Afraid of the Dark?



The forgotten wonder of the 'night sky!'  Even at midnight and -24C ... it forever amazes me!  I often question how many people really do look up and watch the night sky anymore?  In my humble opinion ... not near enough!  So many of us are lost in the lights and don't escape them or give ourselves the opportunity to savour the natural wonders that surround us.  Personally, I could sit outside at night for hours, night after night and still be in complete awe of the universe!  I'll blame my parents ... we would sit out for hours with them when we were kids and count satellites, shooting stars, name constellations, etc.  And yes ... I drag my boys out to look at the sky!  We're not afraid of the dark!

5 comments:

  1. I've always wondered how stars can be captured and you've done it ! Exciting. Any trade secrets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could show you the image before reducing it's quality and size for the internet!! The stars are so much more brilliant!!! I LOVE low light/night photography ... you want a large aperture (try f4), higher ISO setting 800 - 1000 and depending on the length of your lens 15-25 seconds. If you start to see star trails you'll need to reduce the exposure time! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...