Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tree Swallow Return

Tachycineta bicolor







Our Tree Swallows returned back on Sunday and I love it!  Yes, as you can see, I'm kind of a bird geek!  What can I say, winter is quiet when most of your birds head south for the winter, so it's nice to hear and see their return.  Tree Swallows are one of my favourites to return, as they are among the most proficient insect eaters we have!!! Anything that consumes 'bugs' ... especially mosquitoes, will always have a summer home around here!  On their return, there are usually a few 'lover's quarrels' and 'territorial tiffs' that are rather entertaining to watch and since there are a few nesting boxes out at the end of the lane way, where the kids catch the school bus, we usually get a front row seat!  Welcome home lil' Tree Swallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...