Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Snowy Owl!

Nyctea scandiaca







A common winter visitor ... the beautiful 'Snowy Owl!'  I don't know how many times I've been in the vehicle when I've looked up and spotted one this winter and each time I've either had no camera or my camera with my little 18-70mm lens stuck on the end!  Well, today was no different.  On my return from town, the boys and I spotted the same juvenile snowy owl that we spotted back on Tuesday.  Determined to not let a photo op slip past again, this crazy girl drove home, grabbed her other camera and lens and headed back down the road.  However, instead of finding the juvenile owl we had to settle for this handsome adult male snowy instead!  BONUS!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ted! Oh how I wish I had a sweet telephoto lens and teleconverter!!!! Photography is an expensive habit ... I mean hobby! LOL!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...