Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Friday, February 24, 2012

Queen of Her Post!

The Female Snowy Owl!
(Nyctea scandiaca)





I know I just posted a few pics of an adult male snowy owl not too many days ago but when I saw this beautiful lady viewing the prairie from this fence post on my way home I had to snap a few photos.  The bonus, I had my 300mm lens with me AND she let me drive up beside her.  I had to shoot these through the car window but I won't complain.  The adult female snowy owl has dark barring on their breast and underparts hence, I believe this is a female but I'm not an owl expert ... that's my guess and I'm sticking to it!  LOL!

As a side note, this is my 346th post out of 365 ... only 19 more posts to go!  So here is my dilemma, do I continue with Seasons 365 Project Year TWO????  Hmm ... what to do?  I would love to hear from you!!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely Stunning!!! YES you should do a year 2!!! My photos probably won't be as stunning as yours but I'm going to try. LOL. Carmen Briggs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen! I likely will ... there is still so much I want to learn about photography! Your photos will be absolutely wonderful ... just don't curse me about the challenge on day 178 or 267! Haha! It's definitely a challenge to take a photo everyday but a rewarding one as well! :)

      Delete
  2. Go ahead & TRY to quit Terri. It's like an addiction. I find I can't stop! I'd sure miss you if you did, and it looks like I'm not the only one! love these photos today. Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed you haven't really stopped blogging daily! Haha! And I for one am certainly glad you have not quit! I have a feeling your right when you say blogging is like an addiction. I guess that means year two is likely on its way! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...