Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Monday, December 5, 2011

Red Door, Red Walls ...

The Old Red House




Faded and peeling ... the red paint on the old red house is showing its age.  The house was here when my husband's Aunt and Uncle bought the place back in the 50's.  Although I am certain it did not start out as a red house, it ended up as a red house!  In the 1960's it was converted to a grain bin and the last time we used the house for grain storage was about 10 years ago.  Trust me ... shovelling grain out of this old house is NOT fun!  I definitely prefer hopper bins!!!  As it sits and waits for us to decide its fate, the old red house stands with it's character lines and exhibits a bit of homesteader history!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...