Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Murphy's Day!


Hahaha ... 'Murphy' is such a funny guy!  He tried to hi-jack Mother's Day on me and he did a pretty good job! Before 8:00am this morning and about 5 minutes before my husband was done ... 'Murphy' cracked the rim on the sprayer and sent my hubby for a ride down the hillside!  This will be fun to fix tomorrow!


Shortly thereafter, he decided that this lil' heifer should have trouble calving.  All fine and dandy but she didn't really care for the situation.  Hence, I spent a good hour riding through the bush before getting her back to the corral.  Even tonight her lil' eyes were as big as saucers!  Hopefully she calms back down.



Then it was off to load flax seed and calibrate the tank and drill to FINALLY get to the field!  Once that was done, I had an enjoyable 2 hour drive to get parts, all the while missing my lunch!  :(


I returned with parts and the boys finally made it to the field this afternoon!  Alas, 'Murphy' stuck around and tested my husbands patience just a bit longer!  Murphy thought it was funny to plug some of the runs, mess with the run monitors and all and all, just give my poor hubby a few more grey hairs!


Despite all of that, no 'Murphy' can EVER hi-jack Mother's Day ... especially with my crew around!  Yes, it was a crazy, messed up day but it was still filled with love, believe it or not ... some laughter, and family time!  I have the best boys and the most wonderful husband and even if it takes screaming "Geez Louise" in unison at the top of our lungs when stuff goes wrong at least we can make ourselves laugh!  The treasures my children made tugged on my heart strings and their hugs and kisses topped my day!  I hope everyone enjoyed Mother's Day!




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Matt! Hope you had a great day celebrating with your Mom! :)

      Delete
  2. Great shots! Happy Mother's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy belated Mother's Day to you as well! I hope it was a good one! :)

      Delete
  3. Murphy! What a character! The boys' gifts are so precious! The pockets of love and flowers are so adorable! I miss those sweet little tokens of love from my boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murphy always has a way of showing up at the most opportune time! LOL! Treasures from my boys ... and the oldest is only in grade 3 and I already have a house full all because I can't bare to let any of them go!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...