Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sandhill Cranes and SNOW!!!!



Here we go AGAIN!!!  More snow!  Definitely not a shock to us Albertan's but we are certainly getting a bit weary of the white stuff!  It was cold and overcast all day but by 6:30pm, the snow was falling, and falling heavier, and heavier!  The only thing that brought a smile to my face was spotting this poor flock of Sandhill Cranes (Grus canadensis) soaring and circling and notably 'heading SOUTH' again!  These were taken from the passenger seat, out the window, while my husband was driving, with the snow flying in, as my husband was trying to tell me they were swans and I was arguing with him and trying to get him to STOP!  Haha!  Needless to say ... by the time he did stop and agree with me that they were cranes ... they were past me.  *SIGH!*  Hopefully I'll get better conditions to see a few more flocks of these grand beauties migrating through to Northern Alberta!





Alas, the snow is still falling tonight and it's certainly starting to accumulate!  The landscape is going to be very white again by morning!  


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that must have been amazing to see so many cranes at once!

    Hopefully, the snow will be gone soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very COOL! I hope I get to see some more ... Cranes, that is! I am so done with winter, my 'haha' abilities are seriously fading fast!!!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...