Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Berry Competition!


And so it begins!  Who will get to my saskatoon berries first???  Me, the kids, the dogs or those CEDAR WAXWINGS!!!  Did I mention the robins, the magpies or the crows???   Hmm ... well, usually first thing in the morning and early evening the waxwings enjoy a feed, the kids and dogs snack on them during the day and I keep saying I am going to need to start picking those soon ... what's left anyhow!  Yes, the saskatoons are just nicely starting to ripen and there is definitely some fierce competition to get to the first ones!  As long as I have enough to freeze so that we can enjoy, not only fresh ones, but some throughout the winter, I'll be happy!  Happy berry picking!


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...