Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Return of My Prairie Souls

First a howling blizzard woke us,
Then the rain came down to soak us,
And now before the eye can focus -
Crocus.  

~Lilja Rogers






My Prairie Soul's have returned!  Ah yes, the Crocus (Anemone patens).  I don't know anyone who doesn't love seeing the crocuses out on the prairies!  They always appear so delicate yet they are TOUGH!  Always the first to blossom and bring colour to the springtime prairie 'drab,' they withstand our cold spring winds and storms!  I guess this is why they still remind me of my Mom and a handful of other women that have been or remain in my life!  Like Mom, they were, or still are, connected to their rural, prairie roots.  They were/are strong, caring Women that can and have weathered many a storm yet with class, they dust themselves off and move forward.  They are 'resilient,' they are my 'Prairie Souls!'  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...