Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fall Migration ... Has It Begun?


Yesterday, while heading to town, I large flock of "Yellow-Headed Blackbirds" flew up out of the slough ... today they are gone.  They are heading south!  While out in the pasture ... this crazy bunch of Canadian Geese flew overhead ... heading south!!  I'm really not ready for fall ... let alone what comes after fall.  Truth be known ... I'm just not ready for another season to say 'goodbye!'


These two "Solitary Sandpipers (Tringa solitaria) are still stalking the shorelines of our big pasture slough ... but not for much longer ... their migration has already likely begun.  Solitary Sandpipers are located more central and north during the breeding season ... its during migration that we find them in these muddy sloughs.




I guess this would indicate fall migration has really begun!  I repeat "Bah! Humbug!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...