Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Technical Difficulties!

Living out in the 'middle of nowhere' surrounded by its beauty and solitude has its bonuses! However, when you rely on the 'techno' (wireless communication) part to reach friends across the landscape and across the 'ponds,' sometimes there is a hitch!  Well, the hitch is fixed and here are Thursdays and Fridays posts with todays post coming up later!  Sorry for the glitch!!  :)

Thursday, May 12, 2011


We've been walking at a 45 degree angle these days ... fighting the wind!  But with the warm wind comes a sea of green!  Yes, finally this darn prairie is loosing the dull brown/grey tone from last fall and is being replaced by glorious GREEN!  I feel very fortunate to live where I do.  Smack in a transitional zone between the Mixed Grass Prairie and the Aspen Parkland, I enjoy the 'bald ass prairie' that I grew up with in Southern Alberta but I get to enjoy the beauty of the Aspen groves in Central Alberta!  Trees are rather novel when you grow up without them!  Well, I am happy to report that the Trembling Aspens (Populus tremuloides) have begun leaving out!  And there is nothing prettier than seeing a grove of aspens swaying in the wind with new green leaves!


Friday, May 13, 2011




"If you're not from the prairie, You've not heard the grass.  You've never heard the grass.  It whispers its secrets - they tell of this land and the rhythm of life played by nature's own hand." ~ David Bouchard

As the prairie winds blow, indeed that prairie wool bends and sways too!  I didn't have the best lens with me to attempt capturing the wind bending the prairie wool in half but it doesn't sound like the wind is going to be letting up anytime soon ... looks like I'll be given another chance to capture such movement.  Haha!  I've completely lost it now ... taking pics of grass blowing!  Geesh!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...