Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Red-Winged Blackbird Returns!






Well, I have yet to hear or spot a Meadowlark but hopefully this is a good sign that they are on their way.  This evening, while out for a quick tour, I heard the classic calls of the Red-Winged Blackbird.  These two lads were across the road from each other ... strutting their stuff and staking claim on their territory before the 'ladies' arrive.  Unfortunately, I did not have my best camera lens along with me ... so not the greatest shots.  However, I enjoyed watching the flashy display between the lads.  After hearing many Red-winged Blackbirds perished in the United States this winter ... it was nice to see their return.  Our cattail marshes would just not be the same without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...